Donor: NETZ Bangladesh & BMZ
Duration: May 2015- April 2018
Focal person: Kazi Mazed Nawaz, Director- Program
To contribute to food and nutrition of the poorest 20% of the population in severely food insecure and hard to reach areas in Bangladesh with a high rate of indigenous people
1. Provide skill training for ultra-poor Households on sustainable integrated farming systems and technologies.
2. Facilitate continued productive investments for income generation.
3. Provide systematic counseling and demonstration on sustainable integrated farming and its management.
4. Conduct market studies and market chain of 5 potential product of ultra-poor
5. Established and strengthen 151 village level groups and at latest 1 federation at each UP/GP level as self -help institutions.
6. Facilitate federation to organize their activities (meetings, campaigns, cultural events etc) at UP/GP and sub-district level.
7. Systemize locally adapted sustainable agricultural technologies/methods including local knowledge and publish handbooks feasible for disadvantaged groups
District: 01 (Rangpur) Upazila: 03 (Pirgachha, Kaunia & Gangachara) Union: 12, Village: 88
No. of Employees: 26 (male: 14, female: 12)
No. of Beneficiaries: 2,502 (female)
No. of Indirect Beneficiaries: 10,508
Savings: 16,98,871; Savers: 1,750